Educational transformation begins and ends with teacher quality. TNAACS success is built upon attracting, developing, and retaining high quality pedagogues who are passionate about creating a better world. Teacher salaries are mastery-based and range from $56,000 for Apprentice teachers to $148,000 for Master teachers.
*All teacher applicants to The New American Academy will be considered for one of the positions listed below based on their experience.
2018-2019 School Year Open Positions
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for TNAACS are processed centrally through our hiring portal. We are now accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year.
The initial application has two components:
1) Your cover letter and resume (please keep to a 1-2 page maximum)
2) Two 250 word essays. Times New Roman, 12 point font.
- The first should detail a memorable learning experience with students
- The second should detail a memorable learning experience with colleagues
*hiring portal can be typed into your browser thenewamericanacademy.
Our written application is the first step in three-step interview process that includes:
1. A written application. (2 essays, resume, TNAACS application)
2. A phone interview (20-25 minutes)
3. A full day interview (includes demo lesson, instructions will be emailed closer to date)
Applicants from inside and outside the NYC Department of Education are welcome. To be eligible to work at TNAACS applicants need appropriate New York City License and/or New York State Certified in ESL, Dual Language, Bilingual, Special Education or Common Branches.
*for Master, Partner, Associate, and Apprentice teachers.
We are excited to sit at the nexus between theory and practice. As we continue to scale the TNAACS model there are many exciting internship opportunities for recent college graduates or others interested in relationship-based educational reform.
Our interns are exposed to best practices in education reform, leadership, school operations, and public-private partnerships and gain hands-on experience both inside and outside the classroom. For more information or to explore interning at The New American Academy Charter School please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.